Welcome to Western Union (WU) – we’re glad you’re here! To make sure you cover all bases and get the most from all that WU offers, here are a few steps to take as you settle into your new role.
Learn about WU
New Hire orientation is first.
- Arrive at your WU location at your specified date and time.
- For virtual orientation, log in and join at your specified date and time.
Complete Onboarding activities in workday.
- Sign applicable employee agreements.
- Set up direct deposit.
- Complete federal and state withholding election forms.
What to do on in the first few weeks
You have 31 days from your date of hire (or from your benefit-eligibility date) to enroll in benefits. This website provides an overview of Health and Financial Security benefits available to you as an eligible employee.
New hire benefits are not effective until first of the month following hire, unless hired on the first day of the month, then they’re effective immediately.
- Explore this website to learn about your WU benefits.
- Go to Mercer Marketplace 365+ to view your 2022 benefit options. Take advantage of the interactive tools that walk you through your benefit choices and their costs to choose options that are right for you and your family.
- View the benefit videos available on this website to find out more about how the different medical plans and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) work.
If you need help:
Contact a Mercer Marketplace 365+ benefits specialist for personal support. Call 866-867-6898 Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mountain time.
Review all of the benefits available to you at WU.
- You have access to much more than just health and retirement benefits.
- Go here to learn more about all the great benefits at WU.
- You’ll receive an email from Mercer Marketplace 365+ with instructions to complete your benefits enrollment.
- The email typically arrives within one week of your hire date, or
- You can navigate to Okta and click on the Mercer tile to access your account, normally by the end of the week in which you are hired.
You have 31 days from your date of hire to enroll in your benefits, otherwise your next opportunity to enroll in benefits will be during the annual Open Enrollment period. You must act by the deadline!
Enroll 401(k) Incentive Savings Plan (ISP)
- You will receive an email from Schwab with instructions on how to enroll in your 401(k).
- The email typically arrives within two weeks of your date of hire.
- If you don’t make a contribution election within 30 days of your date of hire, you will be automatically enrolled in the plan with a 5% contribution rate.