New addition to the family
Before your new addition arrives
Arrange for your time off
- Notify your manager of your good news at least 30 days (or as soon as possible) before you anticipate beginning a leave of absence.
- Review Western Union’s leave policies.
- Begin processing your Leave of Absence by contacting Cigna Leave Solutions at 888-842-4462, or via mycigna.com.
- If you are enrolled in a Cigna medical plan, enroll in Cigna’s Healthy Pregnancies Healthy Babies program. You can receive a $150 incentive if enrolled during the 1st trimester and a $75 incentive if enrolled during the 2nd trimester.
- If you are enrolled in a Kaiser Permanente medical plan, go to kp.org/maternity for additional resources.
- A Cigna leave specialist will determine your eligibility for a protected leave of absence and explain the leave process.
New York Life Insurance Company recently acquired Cigna Group Insurance (CGI).
As part of this transition, CGI has changed its name to New York Life Group Benefit Solutions. This transition does not impact your current service team, coverage, or access to claims information. Please continue to manage your coverage and claims information on myCigna®.
After your new addition arrives
Add your new child to your benefits
- Update your benefits coverage to include your new addition. You must act within 31 days of the birth, adoption, or placement – no changes occur automatically!
- Go to Okta* and click on the Mercer tile to access your account or contact a Mercer Marketplace 365 benefits specialist to start the process. Call 866-867-6898 Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mountain time.
- Get a Social Security number for your new addition.
Take advantage of other benefits
- FREE! Get help navigating your health benefits by contacting Health Advocate at 866-799-2725
Your personal Health Advocate can assist you with finding doctors, scheduling appointments, transferring records, and resolving benefits issues. You don’t have to be enrolled in Cigna or Kaiser medical plans to access this service.
- Research child care options.
- Care@Work provides subsidized back-up care for up to 10 days a year in the event your normal child care option is not available.
- Consider setting aside pretax dollars in a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account to help pay for child care expenses.
- Review your life insurance coverage and beneficiary information in your Mercer account by going to Okta and clicking on the Mercer tile.
- Review your retirement plan and beneficiary information.
- Update estate planning documents. Through Hyatt Legal, you can receive assistance creating a will and other estate planning documents. If you aren’t enrolled, reach out to your financial professional or lawyer or consider enrolling in Hyatt Legal during the next Open Enrollment period.
- Update your tax withholdings at Workday > Pay > Actions > Withholding Elections
- Use the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for free, confidential, and professional counseling for you and your household members.
- Contact Magellan Employee Assistance Program at 800-424-4485.
- For more information search for US EAP on the People Services portal.
- FREE! Get help navigating your health benefits.
- Contact Health Advocate at 866-799-2725.
Arrange for your return to work
When your return to work date is approaching
- Contact your manager.
- Log a ticket in the People Services portal.
- If you’re a returning mom, request access to the Mother’s Rooms, which can be reserved by submitting a ticket in iPass. Instructions can be found here.