Leaving Western Union
Life brings opportunities, which may lead to an employment change. To make departure from Western Union (WU) easier for you, here are steps to take before and after you leave the company.
Arrange for your departure
Notify your manager of your expected departure with a written resignation letter.
Make decisions about your ongoing benefits coverage
- Your medical, dental and vision benefits will continue through the end of the month in which your employment ends.
- You can continue certain health benefits if you enroll in COBRA coverage within 60 days. You are responsible for paying 100% of the cost of the benefits, plus an administrative fee and coverage generally can continue for up to 18 months. COBRA information and enrollment steps will be mailed to your home address on file within 15 days of your date of termination.
- Company-provided Basic Life insurance ends on your termination date.
- If you are enrolled in Voluntary Life insurance, you may choose to convert your coverage to an individual policy. Go to the People Services portal and submit a ticket to request a conversion.
Update your personal information
- Add your personal email address at Workday > Personal Information > Change Contact Information.
- Go to the People Services portal to set up authorization to access Workday post leaving Western Union. This ensures your access to paystubs and tax forms after your departure.
- Make sure your mailing address in Workday is up to date.