Leave of absence
Sometimes life brings changes requiring you to take extended time away from work. To make the transition easier for you, here are steps to take before, during, and after your leave of absence.
Notify WU and review your options
A Cigna leave specialist will determine your eligibility for a protected leave of absence and explain the leave process.
New York Life Insurance Company recently acquired Cigna Group Insurance (CGI).
As part of this transition, CGI has changed its name to New York Life Group Benefit Solutions. This transition does not impact your current service team, coverage, or access to claims information. Please continue to manage your coverage and claims information on myCigna®.
- FREE! Get help navigating your health benefits. Contact Health Advocate at 866-799-2725. Your personal Health Advocate can assist you in finding doctors, scheduling appointments, transferring records, and resolving benefits issues. You don’t have to be enrolled in Cigna or Kaiser medical plans to access this service.
- Use the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for free, confidential, and professional counseling for you and your household members.
- Get additional information here.
- Contact Magellan Employee Assistance Program at 800-424-4485.
- Update estate planning documents. Through MetLife Legal, you can receive assistance creating a living will, medical power of attorney, and other estate planning documents. If you aren’t enrolled, reach out to your financial professional or lawyer or consider enrolling in Hyatt Legal during the next Open Enrollment period.