Congratulations! Whether you’re just starting the planning process or you just got back from your honeymoon, here’s how your marriage affects your Western Union benefits.
Add your new spouse and/or stepchildren to your benefits
- Update your benefits coverage to include any new additions. You must act within 31 days of the date of your marriage – no changes occur automatically!
- Review your life insurance coverage and beneficiary information in your Mercer account by going to Okta* and clicking on the Mercer tile.
- Review your retirement plan and beneficiary information.
- Go to Okta* and click on the Mercer tile to access your account or contact a Mercer Marketplace 365+ benefits specialist to start the process. Call 866-867-6898 Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mountain time.
Update your personal information
- Update your name and address, if necessary, at Workday > Personal Information > Change Legal Name and Change Contact Information. – When you update your information in Workday, all other benefit providers will be notified automatically.
- Update your tax withholdings at Workday > Pay > Actions > Withholding Elections.
- Update your direct deposit information at Workday > Pay > Actions > Change Payment Elections.
- If your name has changed, get an updated Social Security card.
- Update estate planning documents. Through Hyatt Legal, you can receive assistance creating a will and other estate planning documents. If you aren’t enrolled, reach out to your financial professional or lawyer or consider enrolling in Hyatt Legal during the next Open Enrollment period.
You have 31 days from the date of your marriage to enroll in or make changes to your benefits.