A disability can cause big financial risks. That is why Western Union provides Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage at no cost to you. Disability insurance replaces a portion of your salary if you can no longer work, and it protects you from the financial burden of a limited income.
Long-Term Disability (LTD)
This plan pays monthly benefits if you are unable to work because of a covered disability:
- Benefit payments begin after your STD coverage ends.
- Pays 66.67% of your annual benefits salary, up to $20,000 per month (minimum $100 per month).
Contact Cigna at 800-238-2125 at any time to discuss leave options. You do not need to be enrolled in a Cigna medical plan to take advantage of this benefit.
Short-Term Disability (STD)
This plan pays weekly benefits during a short-term non-occupational illness or injury:
- Benefit payments begin after a waiting period of seven consecutive days of disability.
- Pays 66.67% of your annual benefits salary.
- Benefit payments end after 26 weeks.